Revision as of 21:16, 3 October 2005 by disabled>WikiConvertor
1. A vessel propelled by steam; a steamship or steamboat.
2. A steam fire engine. See Steam.
3. A road locomotive for use on common roads, as in agricultural operations.
4. A vessel in which articles are subjected to the action of steam, as in washing, in cookery, and in various processes of manufacture.
5. (Science: zoology) The steamer duck.
(Science: zoology) Steamer duck, a sea duck (Tachyeres cinereus), native of Patagonia and terra del Fuego, which swims and dives with great agility, but which, when full grown, is incapable of flight, owing to its very small wings. Called also loggerhead, race horse, and side wheel duck.