From Biology-Online Dictionary | Biology-Online Dictionary
(1) The capacity of being alive; capability of living, developing, or reproducing.
(3) The state of being viable; practicability.
Viability with biological context can refer to the following:
- In biological research and experimentation, viability refers to a measure of cells that are alive.
- In pregnancy, viability refers to the chance of reaching full-tem or the shortest possible length of pregnancy that would deliver a live birth and in which the newborn is capable of normal growth and development.
- In natural selection, viability is the measure of species that survived over wide geographical limits.