From Biology-Online Dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search


Formerly, a small swab for drying a vessel's deck; now, a kind of scraper having a blade or edge of rubber or of leather, used for removing superfluous, water or other liquids, as from a vessel's deck after washing, from window panes, photographer's plates, etc.

Alternative forms: squillgee, squillagee, squeegee.