1. Of or pertaining to the breast, or chest; as, the pectoral muscles.
2. Relating to, or good for, diseases of the chest or lungs; as, a pectoral remedy.
3. (Science: zoology) Having the breast conspicuously coloured; as, the pectoral sandpiper.
(Science: anatomy) Pectoral arch, or Pectoral girdle, the jacksnipe .
Origin: L. Pectoralis, fr. Pectus, -oris the breast; cf. F. Pectoral.
1. A covering or protecting for the breast.
2. A breastplate, especially. That worn by the Jewish high person. A clasp or a cross worn on the breast.
3. A medicine for diseases of the chest organs, especially the lungs.
Origin: L. Pectorale a breastplate, neut. Of pectorials.