1. Of or pertaining to the moon; as, lunar observations.
2. Resembling the moon; orbed.
3. Measured by the revolutions of the moon; as, a lunar month.
4. Influenced by the moon, as in growth, character, or properties; as, lunar herbs.
(Science: medicine) lunar caustic tables for correcting an observed lunar distance on account of refraction and parallax. Lunar year, the period of twelve lunar months, or 354 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes, and 34.38 seconds.
Origin: L. Lunaris, fr. Luna the moon. See luna, and cf. Lunary.
1. (Science: astronomy) a lunar distance.
2. (Science: anatomy) The middle bone of the proximal series of the carpus.
Synonym: semilunar, and intermedium.