i need an advice, please :(

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

SWORD MASTER
Garter
Garter

i need an advice, please :(

Post by SWORD MASTER » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 pm

hiya everyone ... am doing AS level in a college here in london, and am doing HUMAN BIOLOGY, this year they asked us to do a coursework about "the effect of temperature on the loss of red pigment from the beetroot cells" ...

so far everything looks cool, and i think i can handle pretty well, but the thing they want us to do is to include a paragraph in our coursework, named : KNOWLEDGE ,,, so people, can u advice me what to include in this paragraph? knowledge about what exactly? and anywhere in which i can find information about the topic? because i like searched many pages of google, but everything was useless :( ...

waiting for reply, we're starting doing the coursework by next week :(

Vagabond
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Vagabond » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:48 pm

(ok here is my take, may or may not be right)
Knowledge: sounds like to me they would like to have a short literature review. Pubmed and the such. Find out what info is already out there and published and how it relates to and helps support you experiment.
---------------------------------------

You know dog spelled backwards is god.
Coincidence? I think not. . .

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:46 pm

It's possible that they want to know what you know about the elements of the experiment - what sort of molecules are the pigment? What, in general, are the effects of temperature on such molecules? Do you think that the fact that the molecules are in cells will matter?

To interpret the results of an experiment, you must have some idea of what's going on and some inkling of what might happen, and why. That may be the "knowledge" they expect you to provide...

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm

I think "knowledge" refers to scientific references ;)

SWORD MASTER
Garter
Garter

Post by SWORD MASTER » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Darby wrote:It's possible that they want to know what you know about the elements of the experiment - what sort of molecules are the pigment? What, in general, are the effects of temperature on such molecules? Do you think that the fact that the molecules are in cells will matter?

To interpret the results of an experiment, you must have some idea of what's going on and some inkling of what might happen, and why. That may be the "knowledge" they expect you to provide...

yep... guess that's the kind of stuff they expect me to write about... thanks alot .
Nothing Bigger than 6 KB !!!