fishes

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

js_daquilanea
Garter
Garter

fishes

Post by js_daquilanea » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:36 pm

guys i'm wondering what could be the effect of a full moon to fishermen's catch? would a fisherman turn into a werewolf so he could catch more fish or the reverse?pls explain why the moon plays a crucial effect on the behavior of fishes to make the fishes more susceptible of being caught or is it the other way around?thanks!i hope i can catch one....or two.

bionecrology
Garter
Garter

look up for fishing tables

Post by bionecrology » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:33 am

Sport fishers have table that try to predict the times for best results. People ,at least most people, have limited time to enjoy things, and these tables help to give the best results. The tables usually relate to the species.

rosalin
Garter
Garter

Post by rosalin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:43 am

it has nothing to do with werewolves. the moon is responsible for tidal activity. the tides tend to get aquatic creatures closer to the surface of the ocean / sea hence making it easier to catch fish.
there is no element of genius without some form of madness.

js_daquilanea
Garter
Garter

Post by js_daquilanea » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:27 am

a...ok,i think m getting the idea....thanks
If energy cannot be created nor destroyed then HE could only be the creator and the destroyer, The alpha and omega, the brahma and shiva. If HE neither create nor destroy then HE preserves,The Vishnu.

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:58 pm

haha, I laughed out loud when I read that. Thank you.

If you're talking about marine fisheries, then yes, the tidal information is important.

If you're talking about land-locked bodies of water, it's simply a matter of fish being able to see during a time when there are many insects. During a full moon, insects will be more active, and fish will be able to see better due to the increase in light.

The worst time to fish is the day after a full moon, because the fish ate their fill during the night and are all tired and un-interested in your bait.
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

js_daquilanea
Garter
Garter

Post by js_daquilanea » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:19 am

at least i got some interests from you sir/mam hehe!m learning a lot here...now i found some answers that i would never really thought of. thanks!

but how bout during new moon?the tide is the same with full moon and new moon nights right?but the light differ....what difference will that make?
If energy cannot be created nor destroyed then HE could only be the creator and the destroyer, The alpha and omega, the brahma and shiva. If HE neither create nor destroy then HE preserves,The Vishnu.

123Herpatology
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by 123Herpatology » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Maybe it has to do with the sport fishes source of food? Maybe the fishes food becomes more active or more available during a certain lunar period?
wisdom=the anti-venom for failure

rosalin
Garter
Garter

Post by rosalin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:50 pm

the lunar tide theory is only applicable to marine fish.
and may be the effects of the tide are more prominent during full moon because full moon is a lunar phase that occurs when the Moon is on the opposite side of the Earth from the Sun, and when the three celestial bodies are aligned as close as possible to a straight line.so, the sun's effect on tides is also felt.
there is no element of genius without some form of madness.

beluga fiction
Garter
Garter

Post by beluga fiction » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:41 am

Fishes are in love on full moon, that's why.