Rabbits and Seizures

Animals!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

adam00f
Garter
Garter

Rabbits and Seizures

Post by adam00f » Wed May 18, 2005 3:02 am

My friends rabbit had a seizure and i wanted to know is not eating at all a cause for the symptom? But the rabbit is old tho to. Also its loosing weight..

My guess is
Tumor?
Summer schedual/ gotta cram all chemo info and i have water polo practice 3 tiomes a day!!!!!!!..frick i nned some sleep!!

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Wed May 18, 2005 5:00 pm

I heard that sometimes animals refuse to eat (despite nothing seems wrong about the animal) when they are too old. I think it is a kind of instinct that forces them to die.
By the way, why do you think it is a tumor?
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

adam00f
Garter
Garter

Post by adam00f » Thu May 19, 2005 3:52 am

dsont stress cause seziures?
Summer schedual/ gotta cram all chemo info and i have water polo practice 3 tiomes a day!!!!!!!..frick i nned some sleep!!

superstar5963
Garter
Garter

i dont know wat to do!!!!

Post by superstar5963 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:20 pm

I have a litter of 5 baby rabbits but only four have seizures. I am wondering what can cause seizures and if theres any thing to do that will help the rabbits. please email thanx.

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:52 pm

This is kinda cruel, but my uncle would take me off roading with him at night. If he saw a rabbit he would keep it between his headlights and follow it. Then the rabbit would just stop running and start spinning. He says that its a seisure and I tell him that he's a jerk..

-Danny

cardiorrhexis
Coral
Coral

Seizures in Animals

Post by cardiorrhexis » Mon May 01, 2006 3:55 am

Seizures can be caused from a low blood glucose, toxic substances (eating a toxic plant), it can be a brain tumor, stress, trauma, fungal infection, a virus, the possibilities are endless....

You should seek veterinary care anytime an animal has a seizure for the first time to find out what is causing the seizure activity. For animals with known seizure conditions, they should be seen if the seizures are frequent (cluster seizures), if they increase in severity or if they are in a sustained seizure (status epilepticus).