Smart Comments

Any comments about the site and the forum go here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:38 pm

LilKim wrote:i really wish I had more time to learn another language... maybe when i'm not sooo busy. Anyways, i've always dreamed of traveling to japan, india, south africa, spain, thailand and france.

So, i'll need to start learning ... eventually.

How are you?
Spanish: ¿Cómo estás? or ¿Qué tal estás?

sachin
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by sachin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:48 pm

So what for.....

"Im Fine""Thank You" ?
Senior Education Officer, BNHS, India. www.bnhs.org

Bitter Truth!
Who says reason for world war III will be Petrol?
Reason lies in two words "Me and Mine".

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm

sachin_at_biog wrote:So what for.....

"Im Fine""Thank You" ?

In Spanish:

I'm fine: Estoy muy bien.
Thank you: Gracias.

Any word/phrase/sentence/expression more? ;)

sachin
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by sachin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:45 am

Ok.........

Then what for "It's all right.".......""

Bitter Truth!

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:41 pm

sachin_at_biog wrote:Ok.........

It's alright: Todo bien.

Anymore? ;)

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:40 am

Hablo un poco espanol; trabajo con dos mexicanos, y necessito practicar mi espanol mas.

Sorry, but I don't know how to add the accents!
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:40 am

Qui parle francais?
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Vibrio
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Vibrio » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:22 am

:roll: I'm sure means the same thing in every country. Facial expressions are universal.

I was mainly talking about homework and other questions people have. Yes, I understand the language/culture thing. But I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. Quite honestly, the more I look at topics and posts on here, the more I get fed up with the whole "homework thing". I know and see your reasons for not wanting the posted exams. But its not just that. If someone asks a question that can be found in the dictionary or tutorial, they get cut down or the mods get angry at them. What's the big deal?!

And here's my honest opinion: The rules for these forums are far too strict. Some of the things like posting in the wrong topic, too much punctuation, caps, etc are just too far fetched!! You tell me to not freak out over rolling eyes, when you guys freak out over SHOUTING!!!!! and PLEASE HELP!!!!! or FINAL EXAM TOMORROW HELP!! You claim these homework people are being rude in that way. Well to me its funny to see those topic names. I think they are cute. I don't take them as offensive at all.

A place for biology loving people has become a "Lets make fun of the people who ask stupid questions for homework". Thats the whole theme of this site!! You give awesome members (like chenglorraine) warnings for stuff that was NEVER offensive or anything.

Go ahead and warn me, ban me or whatever for saying this but mods, this is no way to run a site. You are too harsh and inconsiderate of members who do nothing wrong. It's just a forum. You can post in the wrong topics. For goodness sake, human beings make mistakes!! Its not that hard to move them!! You attract a bunch of people, but so many probably get tired of it for these reasons. Then the only ones left are the ones who agree with you!! "depending on my mood some topics just get deleted". Wow, what a wonderful mod team, eh? Take this as offensive as you want. But maybe you'll learn from all those members who only stay at new. They only come to post a few things-only for answers. Well, I'm sure they would stick around if you wouldn't always tell them to "open a text book and read it" so bluntly. I know a 15 year old who runs a site all by himself and does a much better job than you.

I have tried to be nice about it, but I've simply had enough!! No, I won't stick around. You can kiss this Vibrio goodbye. My flagellum has taken me far away. I'll be working on my own site which is bound (and probably already is) to be much more successful!! Success is not how many members you have, its how smoothly things run.

To all the really nice members, the people who ask homework questions and the people who have been wrongly abused by the rules: Hopefully this speaks for some of you. It has been a pleasure talking to you. You are the ones who kept me here as long as I was.

A moderator's job is not to get angry over every little thing, but to keep things in order. Members have no need to feel like they are being pushed around!! So get a grip and run a SITE, not a jungle!!
~*~ Rock the DNA!!~*~

http://bfunited.18.forumer.com

sachin
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by sachin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Enzyme wrote:
sachin_at_biog wrote:Ok.........

It's alright: Todo bien.

Anymore? ;)

What for "Scientist"?

and
For "Do you love me"?

And for"I love you"?

and for "I hate you"?

and for"shut up"?

Bitter Truth!

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:09 pm

hey Vibrio!

Have a happy and prosperous new year! and I wish you the best with your site!

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:52 pm

at vibrio and anyone else who might be concerned

the rules of the site are not created so the moderators can push people around, they are created so that the forum will be as functional as possible. and we generally do not warn people for using caps or naming their topics well, we just ask them to stop.

and about the homework policy
if this were a homework blog people would come from all over the world to have their homework questions answered, but it's not. we try to encourage people to actually learn something, not just ask for answers. and after 2 years of seing people ask for answers, i am kinda fed up with it....
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

honeev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by honeev » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:45 am

sachin_at_biog wrote:
What is "ShiShilee"...in chinease????? :?:

i dunno shishilee... but if its 'shishee'.. (somethin).. then it means thank you in chinese...

_at_ Vibrio... some mods have been here for so long that IMO they at times got tired in answering same questions over and over again... tho these same questions might come from different persons... i dunno if youd agree but a person has some 'tolerance' level :D and once reached becomes annoyed by it and finds hard to cover it up... and could only wish that if only the members extend a little more time - spend a little more effort to search and maybe from there the topic could advance in stead of tackling the same 'answered' questions again and again and again... some would answer directly others wont.. they have their own ways of 'helping' members based on their reasoning... its their choice anyway.. 8)

emoticons is a way of expressing vividly and emphasizing a point since we dont see each other nor hear words... but be aware that the forum is loaded with different personalities... that a simple remark... a single word.. or even a single mark could 'mar' a sensitive eye and mind...

On the one hand we should be responsible in using them as that might be 'unintentionally' offensive to others... On the other hand we should not take things too seriously or else we might perceive things wrongly and hurt only ourselves in the process...

we aim to build a community with common interests (which i hope is biology, hence biology-online, right :wink: ) while embracing multifarious personalities... and bio-online is not juz a site to locate a cyber pal or tutor, which is not bad altogether... honestly im glad seeing new members like vibrio to be very active, and are able to suggest to improve our site... since there is no perfect site that caters all... :wink:
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place...
World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat."

- Quina Quen (ffix)