Headaches

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

zmike
Garter
Garter

Headaches

Post by zmike » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Well, I do a lot of sports but recently I began Kung Fu lessons. Every time I throw a fast punch or after a couple of kicks, I begin getting a headache (slight pain at the top and back of the right side of my brain). I was wondering if this could be something serious. My doctor said it was just nothing but it has been 3 weeks and I still get the headache each time. Do you have any suggestions or warnings?

-since I am trying to this problem, I thought that this could also be a great learning experience about the human brain.

thanks

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:13 am

Are the headaches lasting long? Are They suddenly happening only now since you started kung Fu? I wouldnt mess around with headaches.
I will tell you what I would do, I would go back to the doctor and tell him you want a referal to see a
NEUROLOGIST
You doctor needs to know they are still happening.

join here if you would like to educate youself:

http://archneur.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/57/9/1363.pdf
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

Oscerot
Coral
Coral

Post by Oscerot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:07 am

Hrm, well, since it only happens when you throw fast punches, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're stressing a nerve. Is this headache really just a "sharp, quick pain", or is it actually a headache?

destiny
Coral
Coral

Post by destiny » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:12 am

I agreed with Linn. It's better for you to go back to the doctor and tell him that you want a referal to see a neurologist.

Anyway, here is some info about headaches (though your kind of headache is not found inside the article itself).

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headache

=)

=I'm just a kid=