Hair problem

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

destiny
Coral
Coral

Hair problem

Post by destiny » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:57 am

I want to know the exact reason on why human's hair will fall off? Some of the common reason will be due to stress, tiredness etc.

Is there any context to show what actually caused the hair to fall off? How does the falling of hair actually happens?

Hope I make sense... :?

Why,Why not
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Why,Why not » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:22 am

hello destiny,
here are a few facts about hair/hair loss: Hair loss affects everyone on some level despite race, gender, or stress level. In other words, we all shed like bears so don't feel that the problem is individual. Secondly, hair goes through three stages of devolopment: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. the first stage, Anagen lasts around two to eight years. In this stage the hair will push through your hair follicle and into your pore, and at this time the hair follicle grows deeper and deeper into your "dermis",
a.k.a. your skin. Catagen: This stage lasts around 2-4 weeks. At this point your hair has started to disconnect from your blood flow and begins to loosen. The hair follicle (which is basically the root of your hair) then discintegrates and pushes your hair up. Telogen: This phase lasts around 2-4 months :shock: . during this phase, the hair is still disconnected from bloodflow and doesn't grow. After this phase ends, a new hair begins to sprout from the hair follicle, thus pushing the old hair out, much like the way our adult teeth push our milk teeth out. after this the cycle repeats on and on. Keep in mind that shedding is a very good thing, because it means that in most cases, new hair is coming, but actual hair loss is a very different thing.

I know this info is slightly off topic, because it explains more about shedding, not hair loss, but to tell you the truth my friend, hair loss is still being debated about. the most accepted theory is that it is related to hormones. I hope i was of some help to you for understanding shedding and hair loss.

By the way, here are some pics to help explain everything:
Attachments
hairtelogen.jpg
hairtelogen.jpg (5.97 KiB) Viewed 12410 times
haircatagen.jpg
haircatagen.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 12410 times
hairanagen.jpg
hairanagen.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 12410 times
Is a Fly without wings called a walk????

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm

hey, cool info. i've learned something today. it explains some things.
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Why,Why not
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Why,Why not » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:36 am

Thank you,
I hope many people prosper from my information.
Is a Fly without wings called a walk????

destiny
Coral
Coral

Post by destiny » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:40 am

Thanks Why,Why not. That's a great info.

=I'm just a kid=

smarty142
Garter
Garter

Re: Hair problem

Post by smarty142 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:21 am

Hair Loss become common problem in many men and women now a days. Not only stress or tensions can cause hair loss problem many others are also fall in the list. i describe here some important causes of Hair Loss..
1. Genetic Effects
2. Hormonal imbalance
3. Excessive seteroids intake
4. Alcohols
5. Smoking
6. Suffer from Chronic dieases such as Diabeties, Thyroid and Cancer
7. Water deficiency
8. Use wrong or harsh Hair products such as oil, gel and shampoo etc
9. Drink Sewage water
10. Stress or depression
11. Pollution
12. Steroid usage

Steven2015
Garter
Garter

Post by Steven2015 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 am

Thanks,learn a lot about the hair problem.

roggerbinny
Garter
Garter

Re: Hair problem

Post by roggerbinny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 pm

There are many reasons behind the hair loss problems. The main reasons behind the hair loss problems is depression and stress.

vera2015
Garter
Garter

Post by vera2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:49 am

Hey,there are many reasons of hair loss. First, endocrine disorder,because hair loss is associated with the increasing of male hormones in the human body. Second, mental, neurological disorder, some young people lose their hair because of suffering a heavy blow and long-term mental stress and melancholy. Third, inheritance, research shows hair loss patients with family history count for 20%. Fourth, immune dysfunction,clinically found that the people of immune system disorder with lupus erythematosus and ulcerative colitis often accompanied with hair loss. Fifth, focal infection,infection caused by fungi, bacteria and virus will lead to thrombus and small vasculitis of local blood vessel, which brings about hair loss of its control scope because blood supply is impaired. Sixth,improper diet and fat metabolism disorder,some young men like eating meat and drinking too much, a lot of cholesterol produced by the body can make excessive sebum, which affects the blood supply of the hair follicle, hinders the normal growth of the hair and causes hair loss.Seventh,blood and renal deficiency.Lastly, the damage of hair,foreign experts say that using tint for a long time can cause hair loss in the next 2 to 20 years. Furthermore, using hair drier frequently also can cause hair loss. But i know there is a product--Biotinyl Tripeptide,which can cure the hair loss effectively
Hope this will be helpful.

Allien02
Garter
Garter

Post by Allien02 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks,for share the hair problem i am very worried about my hair fall problem..........