Sugestion to the WebAdmin.

Any comments about the site and the forum go here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

nerd
Garter
Garter

Sugestion to the WebAdmin.

Post by nerd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:06 am

Hey,

I am new to this site. I was happy to find a this big online bio community.

While browsing, I just felt that if the thread posts are arranged as 'new messages on top' than new messages being at the end of the pages, it would make a click (to last page) lesser than what it is now.

Also, if you can add a feature like showing only 'last 20 messages' by default along with a link to view all messages in the particular thread, it would make easier to follow the postings.

Arrangement of threads in the topics is random. wouldnt it be nice if the newly replied threads are displayed on the top of the list?

These are just suggestions, its up to u to take it or not. I'll hope you did.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 pm

The threads in a forum are arranged by the age of the last post in the thread, the most recents on top.

A page display 15 to 20 messages, so when you click on the last page of a thread you see the last messages in this order. If you want to see the last posts that you have not read, click on the orange page picture at the left of the thread of the title, that brings to the first unread message.

As for the order of posts, people usually read (in english) from left to right and top to bottom, so new post at the bottom makes the thread easier (more intuitive) to read.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)