URGENT: temperature affects of pigment released by beetroot

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

colettetl
Garter
Garter

URGENT: temperature affects of pigment released by beetroot

Post by colettetl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:48 pm

My biology coursework needs writing up tommorw and I've bene Ill so I'm slightly behind. Due to the topic of beetroot I thought you may be able to help. The question is

Investigate how temperature affects the amount of pigment from beetroot when heated.

I'm planning on using a colourimeter to judge the amount of pigment released however I don't know what controls to use! A reply as soon as possible would be helpful! Just so you know it's to A level standard and this is the only thing I will be allowed with me in the planning of the actual one. So if you can think of controls it would be helpful as I'm sutck!

incidently in our first practice we were looking at the affect of hydrogen peroxide with liver at different temperatures. In that the controls were things like denaturing the liver by boiling, just using water and the hydrogen peroxide. I've worked out I need to do just water and beet root but can't think of any others. ANy input on controlls or any other aspect would be greatly appreciated

colettetl
Garter
Garter

Post by colettetl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 pm

furhter problem ... how would I equibrilate?