Genetics relating to DNA

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

nana27
Garter
Garter

Genetics relating to DNA

Post by nana27 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:20 am

How is genetics related to the sequence of our DNA, and are there any methods discovered to actually extract parts of a human's genes to create a perfect human being with the specific characteristics?

asutoshsahu
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by asutoshsahu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:47 pm

I think you are saying about Embryonic stem cell research.
Research is going on and if we shall say theoritically then it is possible to create a perfect human being but practically "ethical issues" are of major concern.
We can get embryonic stem cell when the zygote is 16 cell stage and implant into uterus of another women and apply some drugs to make her pseudopregnant then if you are luckey she can give birth to a child of same genome as that of previous one.
But now scientists are trying to use these undifferentiated stem cells to use cure many dreadful disease of heart lung etc.
To be suitable for curing a diseased part of a certain organ the stem cell must be of that person's or I mean to say when that person was in her mothers uterus at that time the stem cells must be collected and be applied, otherwise your body will reject a stem cell of otherperson as foreign body.

I know only this much .
I think this may help you

tasong
Garter
Garter

Post by tasong » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:58 am

what is there origin of gene.
i will like to join with people who willing to carry out reseach.