Evolution needs to be taught differently...just thoughts.

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Methal
Garter
Garter

Evolution needs to be taught differently...just thoughts.

Post by Methal » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:10 am

Does anyone else feel like teachers are spending most of the time justifying evolution with religion? Iam in my 2nd year at college (UVSC) and I'm really really getting sick of hearing about Evolution, not because of what it is, but because of how it is presented. I mean for the last week of classes my teacher has just been giving example after example of stuff that has evolved. Not that that is bad, but dang get some new material. The moths in london, humans with tails, and gills, jaw bones turning into hearing bones, whales with pelvic bones. BORING! It seems nothing has changed since I was a sophmore in HS. I want some new stuff. And I dont want to spend the whole time looking at how it compares to religion, and philosophy.
That'll do donkey, That'll do.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 am

This is because evolution is open to debate.
about all that is new is mutated influenza :lol:

Have you checked out the evolution forum here?
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver