importance of cell division?-urgent help needed pleeaaaaase!

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

LiQuId
Garter
Garter

importance of cell division?-urgent help needed pleeaaaaase!

Post by LiQuId » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Hi I'm stuck on an essay and need urgent help. It asks me to write about the importance of cell division and reproduction, asexual and sexual, as well as to include named examples from the 5 kingdoms to aid my account.

I know the most important point is that cells need cell division and reproduction to live, as all cells have a certain life span and so need to divide/reproduce in order to... blah.. blah.... I also looked on the net and found that its important in plants to get better fruit (http://www.vgi.co.il/English/en.shtml).

I'm really confused. I've tried looking on the web but I can't find anything else. These two points aren't enough to go on for 5 pages so please, HELP!

Any point will be appreciated as long as its arguable - I'm desperate and I really don't care how not-sensible or rubbish it is - so please post anythin!
- thanks in advance, lQd

druid
Coral
Coral

Post by druid » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:08 am

honeev
Site Admin
Site Admin

impt mitosis meiosis general

Post by honeev » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:37 am

basically LQD cell div among single celled organisms is impt for reproduction while for multicellular org. its for development, growth and repair.. meiosis is impt to yield haploid sex cells to maintain diploid state following fertilization, and its for genetic variation via crossing over during prophase I, to give you an IDEA bout wat i said see this: http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/classes/bio100/Lectures/Lect05/lect05.html
the rest is up to you..

^_^
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place...
World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat."

- Quina Quen (ffix)

LiQuId
Garter
Garter

Post by LiQuId » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks very much. I have an idea of what I should be writing about now, and should have no problems. Thanks again 2 both of you! :D