Animals should be used for scientific researches

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

biostudent84
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by biostudent84 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:44 am

Jelanen wrote:Heh, unfortunately, some people see the study of biology as a road to power, glory, money (I didn't say they were sane) just like in any other field. Its easy to not respect the thing you are studying if your motives are something other than discovery.

-Jelanen

That guy they called "The Angel" during the Holocaust?

[email protected]
Garter
Garter

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:34 am

I don't think we should allwo most animal tests. Well, it should only be allowed if it REALLY WILL benefit health stuff. NOt some dumb commercial shampoo or something.

vk4vfx
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by vk4vfx » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:40 am

Yes I think it is ok in research for the good of mankind as long as no long term unnecessary suffering is endured by the animal.

I totally disagree with pharmaceutical companies using animals to test their products on for their own greedy benefit; I have seen the end result of chimpanzees from this type of testing.

Stu

damien james
Coral
Coral

Post by damien james » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:52 am

[email protected] wrote: Well, it should only be allowed if it REALLY WILL benefit health stuff. NOt some dumb commercial shampoo or something.

I agree with this. I hate to see animal testing for pure commercial purpose.
The hand of God may well be all around us, but it is not, nor can it be, the task of science to dust for fingerprints.

123Herpatology
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by 123Herpatology » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 pm

such a thin line everyone is trying not to cross when interpretting research for the "good of mankind"
wisdom=the anti-venom for failure

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:03 am

you younger ones ever here of the rabbit test they had when I was
young(er)?

we have come a long way. :)
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

[email protected]
Garter
Garter

Post by [email protected] » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:18 am

I've heard of this one company who are using some kind of animal ( I think it is a rabbit ) to see how their product would affect a human's eye. WELL the poor animal doesn't even have tear ducts or something of that sort. In other words, their eyes are completely different than human eyes, therefore it is pointless to use those poor little creatures.

(Ish a member of PETA...) -- lol