FACT

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:57 am

alextemplet wrote:Here's a question that confuses me to considerable extent. Why is the big bang theory often seen as hostile to religious belief and a product of atheism? I ask this because the theory was first proposed by the Catholic Church with the intent of proving the existence of a creator, so it seems logical - to me at least - that the big bang theory should be seen as at least favorable to religious belief. Anyone care to shed some light on this mystery?

I have read the opposite too where some say it is the product of religious to try and proove creation.

The truth is it was recently shown to be true as I said in previous posts.

Mr Joe there was something there to begin with,
it was compressed matter the size of a marble
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

Mr Joe
Garter
Garter

Post by Mr Joe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:37 pm

im not trying to start an arguement, but as far as my knowledge goes ...........well its limited in this subject and im just curious.............
Where did the matter come from ?

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Mr Joe wrote:im not trying to start an arguement, but as far as my knowledge goes ...........well its limited in this subject and im just curious.............

I think that was the Church's whole point in proposing the theory, that the matter had to have been put there by something else, some sort of Creator.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:57 pm

Mr Joe wrote:im not trying to start an arguement, but as far as my knowledge goes ...........well its limited in this subject and im just curious.............

Oh I knew that :)

I have self educated on that subject myself. its very facinating.

There is good information on NOVA:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/historysans.html

And in one of these threads I posted the news release, I will hve to dig that out.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

nugget
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by nugget » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:09 am

quite a bold statement but nothing to back it up. words are just words when you dont tell me anything else.

as for where the matter came from, does it matter? we will get a headache tying to figure that out, and will never get anywhere, like swimming against a current. working hard and not getting very far.

doesnt matter what the church says, doesnt matter what some person in harvard says. the point is we will never know. if God wanted us to know, he would make ir more obvious.

i dont believe evolution does not happen, it makes too much sense. look at the intimate relationships between species. like the coevolution that happens between orchids and gnats for instance. even if there is no evolution, accepting the theory for now still helps us understand ecosystems in a better way... and understand disease in a better way... like bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics, how isnt that evolution? its happening in front of our eyeeeees

You make a decision, sure, i accept that, but in the end we are at an advantage by accepting evolution... whether that is Gods will or whatever belief may be held responsible for the existance of the universe!
First Member of "Photography Club"

Mr Joe
Garter
Garter

Post by Mr Joe » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Nugget you took the words right out of my mouth. great post.

nugget
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by nugget » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:48 am

:oops: Thanks Mr Joe...

:)

loveangel
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by loveangel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:35 am

nugget, where did you get that idea? that was nice.

nugget
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by nugget » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:39 pm

loveangel wrote:nugget, where did you get that idea? that was nice.

well its just the way i think summarised :D
glad u like it

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:51 am

The origin of the whale

'We start with Sinonyx, a wolf-sized mesonychid (a primitive ungulate from the order Condylarthra, which gave rise to artiodactyls, perissodactyls, proboscideans, and so on) from the late Paleocene, about 60 million years ago.

http://www.talkorigins.org/features/whales/

"Some evolutionists believe the fossil record has established this claim beyond a reasonable doubt. One writer went so far as to pronounce that “the evolutionary case is now closed.”[3] The purpose of this article is to suggest that the fossil evidence for the mesonychid-to-whale transition is not persuasive, let alone conclusive'

http://www.trueorigin.org/whales.asp

"in the skeletons of primitive protocetids during our field work in Pakistan in 2000 confirmed their derivation from Artiodactyla (the mammalian order including cows, deer, hippos, etc.), and showed convincingly that whales did not originate from mesonychid condylarths'

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gingeric ... Whales.htm

sachin
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by sachin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:28 pm

Senior Education Officer, BNHS, India. www.bnhs.org

Bitter Truth!
Who says reason for world war III will be Petrol?
Reason lies in two words "Me and Mine".