Overview article topic

Discussion of the distribution and abundance of living organisms and how these properties are affected by interactions between the organisms and their environment

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

ysk1
Garter
Garter

Overview article topic

Post by ysk1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:22 pm

In my first year biology course, we're doing a 1 month-long project called "Ecology Overview Article."
The word limit is approximately 1500.
First, we are required to find one popular article and five or more primary (scholarly) articles related to the popular article we chose. The articles must be based on certain aspects of ecology.
The ecology overview article is to be built on these articles.
The task is to study the popular article and 5+ primary (scholarly) articles and write about them in the overview article in our own words to display our understanding of the topic.

I chose a popular article (basically about how bear and salmon's predation-prey relationship benefits ecosystem) from Scientific American and found 5 scholarly articles related to my popular article.

Now, I have to decide on a suitable topic to write about in my overview article but I can't generate a possible topic.
Could anyone give me suggestions on what topic to choose?

Thank you.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 pm

You'd probably choose a topic that can be backed up by the sources you have, sources that we on this forum have not read, so you're probably a better judge of what topic to write about.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr