How do I prepare a specific T-cell line

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

John B
Garter
Garter

How do I prepare a specific T-cell line

Post by John B » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:24 pm

Although I am quite experienced in cell culture, I am not familiar at all with T-cell culture. I want to establish T-cell lines specific for viral/bacterial antigens (EBV, CMV, TB etc). I would appreciate it if someone can provide with a (general) protocol or direct me to sources of information (protocols online ?). I would also like to know if these kind of cell lines are commercially available (documented specificity).

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:48 am

Vice versa, I am a newbie in Immunology and Cell Culture Technique. From the course I attended few months ago, to culture specific T-cell, you must expose the source with a certain antigen you want. For example, if you need T-cell against EBV, you need to administer your source with EBV. Then you start to yield the lymphocyte population by centrifugating blood serum/plasma using Ficoll or another stuff to separate lymphocyte from other blood corpuscles. Then you will make a preparation using EBV marker to find the specific T-cell. When you got them then it's ready to cultivate in some media. That's what I know. I hope this could help you abit.