Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.
Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm
anyone has opinion how to extract dna from onion?any web site teach us how to do it?
- Posts: 193
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:31 pm
- Location: Somewhere between those molecules
Have you tried searching the net?
Maybe you could find ways to break down the cellulose cell wall, add nuclease to break down the nuclear envelope, and then carry out steps for extraction of the DNA (which should be available online)?
- Inland Taipan
- Posts: 6832
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 pm
- Location: Romania(small and unimportant country)
nuclease breaks down nucleic acids, not the nuclear envelope. It would be a bad idea to add it to your experiment.
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:30 am
u just grind the onion as u add liquid nitrogen to it...
then, follow the normal extraction procedure
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 3:43 pm
pliz for mi i dont understand this
pliz some one may highlight mi
on this on [email protected]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests