Help on GCSE biology

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

horselover2006
Garter
Garter

Help on GCSE biology

Post by horselover2006 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:14 pm

I'm now just starting year 10, I'm homeschooled and I'm going to study biology, but I need real help as I don't go to a proper school, so can any1 please give me some great resources on GCSE biology. Thank you, I really apreciate this. :D

James
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by James » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:36 am

Get your syllabus,CGP/letts revision guides and google.

Navin
Coral
Coral

Post by Navin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:31 am

Ah yes. The most important is the syllabus. Follow that very well, ya.
Botany is the study of what? Bottoms!

Mr.skulls
Garter
Garter

Help please

Post by Mr.skulls » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:49 am

i need tips on to get very well in math and in science all my lfife i wasnt very good in science or math now i am ok because i have studyed but now i want to learn harder things like 12th grade math or science or 11th or even 10th please i want to be ahead in every body in my classes of science and math i want to be smart just like every one else i want good grades so if anyone would just help me please give me a website or something to understand better so i can study math and science please if it is in your heart i just would like to be smart for now on so i need to learn harder things please help me out. my name is jose and i live in florida and i am 14 please i hope you under stand what i need i need something that i can study to become smarter i dont want to be dumb no more please help me thank you very much if you do please leave me a web site so i can study math and science of 12th or 11th or 10th grade thank you ver much. :( :cry: :roll: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:

mahargynot
Garter
Garter

Post by mahargynot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:08 pm

The BBC's GCSE Bitesize is good, as is http://www.biology4all.com (although maybe somewhat more advanced than GCSE). For books, most publishers print for specific syllabuses, so you'd need to know which you were going to sit - be careful, because with the changes to GCSE this year, what is good for one board may well be useless for another.

cozyrosey
Garter
Garter

Post by cozyrosey » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Hi, when I was studying science and maths at gcse I found that this website http://www.samlearning.com was really good with those subjects. Although you have to pay the website in order to use it, they have some sample revision bits you could try.