H37Rv counting by spectroreading

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

awadh
Garter
Garter

H37Rv counting by spectroreading

Post by awadh » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:31 am

Hi,
I am a PhD student, working on the tuberculosis disease. These days i am facing some problems related to bacterial counting by using spectroreading due to using different cuveete. In one cuvetes reading different from other IS it possible when i using same cuveete for blank setting.
You peoples can help me i feels healpless because on some other forum i not able to get reply.
thanks a lot.
awadh

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 am

i don't understand. Can't you just use the same cuvette for all your spectofotometer determinations? I mean, it would take longer because you would have to clean the cuvette before loading each sample, but it would work.
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

awadh
Garter
Garter

Post by awadh » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:21 am

Hi MrMistery,
First of all thanks a lot for your reply,I using two cuveete for this quanitation but for H37Rv i using some other cuveete. According to m experience i thinks in the case of virulent case if i compairing to old one cuveete its gives different reading .
thats why iam asking about different in reading which affect H37Rv quantitation in my experiment.

MrMistery wrote:i don't understand. Can't you just use the same cuvette for all your spectofotometer determinations? I mean, it would take longer because you would have to clean the cuvette before loading each sample, but it would work.
Awadh Bihari Yadav
Seniour Research Fellow
Pharmaceutics Division
Central Drug Research Institute
Lucknow-226001
India