Academic essay on 'genetic engineering'

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

secret
Garter
Garter

Academic essay on 'genetic engineering'

Post by secret » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:32 am

Hi

I need a little help.

I am required to produce an academic essay and have choosen 'genetic engineering' as my choice of topic.

Anyways, I need to design a thesis by monday and I'm having trouble doing so. I will be arguing that 'genetic engineering' is an important biotechnology to the scientific world and that we must experiment and analyse its full potential, especially in the fields of human research.

Therefore, I have derived the thesis below but don't think it's strong enough. I was assuming maybe you guys/girls will be able to assist me in creating a solid thesis.

Thesis Statement

"The scientific advantages from the use of 'genetic engineering' by far outweigh its potential for misuse."

What do you think?
G GggGgGg Unit.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:54 am

It's not very original, your teacher will probably not be enthused to read it and you probably won't be excited about writing it.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

secret
Garter
Garter

Post by secret » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:18 am

Christian?

So... different topic then?

mhmmm
G GggGgGg Unit.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:29 pm

Well you could probably like browse online for specific articles or news that came up recently that you might be interested in investigating, I mean what you have now is basically whether technology is good....not really an issue of science but rather one of luddites vs the rest of the world.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Kirsten
Garter
Garter

Post by Kirsten » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:23 am

genetic engineering is a rather tired subject. I did a senior paper on eugenics, specifically eugenics in the US. very interesting and little known subject. Might wanna look into that one. Good luck