New to Biology

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Dixie06
Garter
Garter

New to Biology

Post by Dixie06 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Question? Haven't been in school for quiet some time and I need Biology 103 in order to get into RN School. They offer a placement test for Biology, so I was wondering where would be a good place to start for General Biology! They is so much info out there--not sure where to start on getting a jump on it! Thanks for your help!!! :D

opuntia
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by opuntia » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:32 pm

Hai, Dixie06, welcome to teh bio-online, hope you get enough bio from here :D

So you want to be a RN? I'm a student nurse, hope i could offer you some help as well :wink:
"The roots of education is bitter, but the fruit is sweet" Aristotle

Khaiy
Coral
Coral

Post by Khaiy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:09 pm

The tutorials you can find on this site might be a good place to start, but you could read through the first couple of chapters of a biology textbook, just to get a basic grounding. Good luck on your test!

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 pm

I don't know what level biology you want to study, but if it is for an exam, the tutorials on this site might be a little basic. The best biology textbook i know is called "Biology" by Neil Campbell and Jane Reece. I think that is about what is considered in the USA A/P level
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Dixie06
Garter
Garter

Post by Dixie06 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:28 pm

It's just Principles of Biology I that is required! I know the book they are using at the college I will attending is Biology Ninth Edition by Sylvia Mader, 2006! I was just trying to see if maybe a used text book would work as well for the placement test! After General Biology, it heads into Antomy I& II! Biology II is not required!! Does that help? I can tell I lucked up and found a good site for information, but I dont think I am very informative!

Mafer
Garter
Garter

Post by Mafer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:54 am

oh dear. Anyway, welcome! I am quite new heree. But Biology consist of many things...which things u actually wanna know?
I'm weird and crazy!