Fat or woman?

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

pankaaj
Death Adder
Death Adder

Fat or woman?

Post by pankaaj » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:58 pm

What we observe in real life is that women eat less as compared to men; but work wise both are same energy consuming.
If we see this by evolution point of view it gives some ans but still are there any other points?
Take it with a pintch of salt!

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:45 pm

Maybe you can rephrase your question? Your point is not very clear. The fact that women eat less but have the same energy efficiency gives answer to what?

That you can be either fat or a woman? Then if your fat and have a XX genotype what are you? Nothing worse considering? Same for the Thin XY humans? Or can I change sex, by losing weight (I will be careful with exercising now...)?
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

baikuza
Coral
Coral

Post by baikuza » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:20 am

did you mean that you want to know why woman only need eat a fewer portion than man but the mount of energy which is required to do something is the same?

or what?

would you mind to make it easier to understand?

pankaaj
Death Adder
Death Adder

Confusion

Post by pankaaj » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:07 pm

Canalon wrote:Maybe you can rephrase your question? Your point is not very clear. The fact that women eat less but have the same energy efficiency gives answer to what?

That you can be either fat or a woman? Then if your fat and have a XX genotype what are you? Nothing worse considering? Same for the Thin XY humans? Or can I change sex, by losing weight (I will be careful with exercising now...)?

Are Fat & woman or sex is not the point of my discussion.
What am i interested is that i/p is same for let us say boyh species with approximate similar physique but the o/p is more as compared to one particular spp. Are u getting? Then tell me why?
Take it with a pintch of salt!