Peroxidase........

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

rowdykiller
Garter
Garter

Peroxidase........

Post by rowdykiller » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:09 am

I need to know full info abt how the catalysed reaction is carried out catalyst being Hypo-iodite soe intermediate compound....ie reaction between an enzyme and H2O2 in prescence of iodine and how that can carried out laboratically.....the same reaction which is carried out in the thyroid gland and if one need to carry out in laboratry How to do it and the reaction being extremely fast suggest any measures to slow down its speed with respect to ph change..

baikuza
Coral
Coral

Post by baikuza » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:47 am

the catalysed reaction is carried out catalyst being Hypo-iodite soe intermediate compound....

what was that? i do not get it.

2H2O2+peroxidase--->O2+2H2O
peroxide+peroxidase--->O2+2H2O
(this is really work when i was a high school student)

but, let see
H2O2+2GSH--->GSSP+2H2O

GSH=Glutathione peroxidase
GSSH=oxidized glutathione

maybe you refer to TPO(Thyroid Peroxidase)
thyroid need Iodine to make T4 and T3 and TPO are nessesary. did you refer about this?
"how to borrow these reaction in lab?" did you want to ask about this?or ...what?maybe you need to rephrase your question... as far i look 86 views but no replay. maybe what you want to said cannot be "catch" by other member because that.

... the last.
how to decrease the speed?
we usually keep it at a very cold temp. enzymes ussually are slowed by this manipulation.