please help me with this word "evolution"

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

rama
Garter
Garter

please help me with this word "evolution"

Post by rama » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:23 pm

:( please help me is the darwin's theory are true or wrong?
Please help me which one is the most true lamarck or darwin theory?
(with the evidences) :(

tam122
Garter
Garter

Post by tam122 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:27 pm

Darwin's evolution theory is more accurate. Lamark had some mistakes in his theory. Some scientists proved that the view of Lamark was wrong by a experiment with the mice. Lamark thought that the traits outside can be transmited from one generation to the another. He didn't know about the role of the genes inside- the most important factor in heredity.

If you want to study more about the evolution theory of Darwin, why don't you try this link
http://www.wwnorton.com/college/anthro/ ... elcome.htm

kiekyon
Coral
Coral

Post by kiekyon » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:02 pm

lamarck's theory has been largely overshadowed by those of mendel and darwin until recently

however, today lamarck's theory is slowly being reexamined in the scientific community.
this is due to interest in the field of epigenetics, the study of non-genetic information affecting development that can be passed from 1 generation to the next which clearly disobey Mendelian laws.
although these new findings do not support Lamarck's overall concept, they do raise the possibility that "epimutations," as they are called, could play a role in evolution.

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 am

Lamarck had a good idea and was remarkably advanced for his time, but his theory fell just a tad bit short of success. Darwin, on the other hand, could not have been more successful.

I remember reading about epigenetics a few years ago in Scientific American, and it absolutely amazed me. If I had to guess, though, I'd still say the overall picture of life is more Darwinian than Larmarckian.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count