i'm on my own

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

funkthehouse
Garter
Garter

i'm on my own

Post by funkthehouse » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:43 am

have my own ideas thanks anyways
Last edited by funkthehouse on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Garter
Garter

Post by shadow » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:52 pm

Fatty foods have helped me greatly with my high blood pressure. I don't recommend it for everyone though!

chloe18
Garter
Garter

Post by chloe18 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Blood pressure is altered by either the diameter of the blood vessels, particularly the arteries or cardiac output. Both the heart and blood vessels are controlled by a section of the brain called the medulla oblongata. In order to lower blood pressure the medication must target this area. When the pressure rises due to excessive cardiac output the best way to lower it is by sending a drug containing histine, a protien to the cardio-inhibatory centre of the medulla oblongata which will decrease the cardiac output.
When the cause of hypertension is vasoconstriction, the target is the vasomotor centre. Impulses from the baroreceptors in artery walls stimulate this centre to send impulses along the parasympathetic nerves telling the vessels to dilate to allow blood flow. Therefore any drug with a high content of carbohydrates should increase the conc. of the blood and consequently hte pressure causing stimulation of the baroreceptors and hence the notaworthy dilation of the arteries, decreasing the pressure.

fealah
Garter
Garter

Post by fealah » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:41 pm

In summer fresh clean water help me and some of my friends with high blood pressure.