Suggestion for a new board.

Any comments about the site and the forum go here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Arsonus
Garter
Garter

Suggestion for a new board.

Post by Arsonus » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:45 am

I think a good board would be a general one, for debate/discussion of biological principles. I would like this very much.

Kudos,
Arsonus [NOT HIS REAL NAME]

biostudent84
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by biostudent84 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:10 am

How about a zoology message board? Or anything for the wholisitc scientist? I know we're a minority, but the reductionists can't have ALL the fun, can they? :wink:

Antje
Garter
Garter

Post by Antje » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:11 am

any new one would be great! You're right biostudent84 a zoology board does sound fun!
I r smart S-M-R-T! just kidding
Antje

biostudent84
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by biostudent84 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:18 pm

I was just asking for something for the wholisitic scientist. The other boards all focused on the reductionist aspect of science. The General Board is good enough for me =D.

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Zoology Rocks

Post by Inuyasha » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:45 am

Zoology Rocks. I'm probaly going to major in zoology and as you can see most of my posts are in zoology. So thanks for making the zoology section!!!
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

biostudent84
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Zoology Rocks

Post by biostudent84 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:07 am

Inuyasha wrote:Zoology Rocks. I'm probaly going to major in zoology and as you can see most of my posts are in zoology. So thanks for making the zoology section!!!

A good field, Inuyasha, but you might want to learn about as many fields of biology as you can though. They all overlap. My own major is pre-medicine, but I've read up on other areas as well =D.

zoolander
Garter
Garter

Neurology and the brain

Post by zoolander » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:35 pm

:idea: I'd like the idea of a board specifically concerning neurology and the brain in general, I find this area of biology extremely interesting and I'm considering a university degree in this area. A board on this topic would obviously increase other peoples knowledge on the subject as well as my own.

I currently don't have much knowledge on this topic, but can't wait to learn e.g. affects of drugs on the nervous system (disruption of neurotransmitters) etc.

:?:
Heaven ain't hot enough

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:35 pm

I'm surprised we don't have an ecology board considering it's 1/2 of the SAT2 bio test. Come to think of it, I haven't seen much discussion on ecology either.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:27 pm

@zoolander
All neurology questions go in human biology. I would like a photosynthesis board but we can't have a board for everything that someone likes: we would end up with 1000000 boards :wink:
@mithril
Ecology is 1/2 of the SAT2 test? Interesting... But, as you said, there are not many ecology questions either, although it is, in my opinion, one of the hardest fields of biology-I HATE ALL THOSE EQUATIONS!!