Plants!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

parthloyola
Garter
Garter

ques bout cam cycle

Post by parthloyola » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:21 pm

hi guys
u know they say that plants cant survive without light and that in most plants transpiation is essential for ascent of sap.but the question is that in plants following cam cycle transpiation is i beliieve difficult.also there's an example of a plant growing in a locker for two years with that special water filled jelly and yet surviving! did it survive through cam and is light really not essential for cam???
please answer as fast as possible .i am in a hurry

AFZAL
Garter
Garter

appreciate your question

Post by AFZAL » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:14 pm

HI FRIEND
UR QUES IS A GOOD ONE .
CAM PLANTS NEED LIGHT FOR SURVIVAL.CAM PATHWAY IS AN ADAPTATION SEEN IN PLANTS GROWING IN PLACES WHERE WATER IS SCARCE.THE CO2 TAKEN IN THROUGH THE STOMATA DURING NIGHT IS FIXED IN THE FORM OF ORGANIC ACIDS.DURING DAYTIME THE ACCUMULATED ORGNIC ACIDS ARE CONVERTED INTO SUGARS.
ALMOST ALL CAM PLANTS POSSESS SPECIAL WATER STORAGE TISSUE THE ONE U HAVE MENTIONED AS"special water filled jelly".THOUGH THE PATHWAY HAS BEEN ELUCIDATED ,THERE STILL EXIST ENIGMAS TO BE SOLVED.THE SURVIVAL OF THE PLANT IN THE LOCKER MIGHT BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE RESERVE FOOD THE PLANT STORED DURING IT'S FAVOURABLE TIMES.
MY REPLY MAY NOT BE THE EXACT ONE U ARE LOOKING FOR.BUT IAM SURE THIS WILL GIVE U SOME CLUE.
DOOFY IS A FOOL