Help with finding sources

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Biology2006
Garter
Garter

Help with finding sources

Post by Biology2006 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:04 am

I have a subject summary paper I need to do and was wondering if anyone could help me find sources (online). Here is the task I need to do:

As indicated in the Syllabus, you are required to complete a subject summary paper during our class. The text must be in your own words (quotes no more than 10% at the most), include all sources and avoid any type of plagiarism. Now to the paper. Complete all of the tasks below:

Task 1: Describe the how autotrophs and hetertrophs acquire energy and the difference between anaerobic and aerobic energy release.

Task 2: Some reports state that over 80% of American cattle destined for human consumption are treated with growth hormones. Your are required to find research papers supporting both sides of the question. Summarize the present state of the debate. Elucidate with facts your own position on the use of such hormones.

Task 3: Curly-haired, black mice are crossed with smooth-haired, white mice. The offspring of the F1 generation are all black and smoothed-haired. Indicate the genotypes of the parents and determine the phenotypes and genotypes of the F2 generation. Present your results in a short text.

Task 4: Explain the path of information processing from the DNA molecule to the finished product, be it a single protein or a complete organism. Where along the path can potentially new evolutionary developments be initiated or realized? How do genetic processes create the raw material for evolution? What role does natural selection play in evolution.

Task 5: Explain the anatomy of the ant and human heart. Determine whether the two hearts represent a homologous or an analogous evolutionary development and explain the importance of these two types of development for evolutionary biology.

[email protected]
Garter
Garter

Re: Help with finding sources

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:46 am

Task 2: Some reports state that over 80% of American cattle destined for human consumption are treated with growth hormones. Your are required to find research papers supporting both sides of the question. Summarize the present state of the debate. Elucidate with facts your own position on the use of such hormones.

You can go to http://www.peta2.com to figure out why cattle and chickens and such are treated with such stuff.