Standing on one foot/leg

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

akz
Garter
Garter

Standing on one foot/leg

Post by akz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:33 am

Hello,

The question is: Why does a man or a women, have a tendency to stand after few minutes on one leg/foot. In other words, they will give more pressure on one leg than the other, why? Some peoples will say because they are tired, or its easier for them..but these answeres are not enough for me.

Please try to give me detailed information(s). Thank you very much.

raju
Garter
Garter

Post by raju » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:48 am

hi dude,
actually the length of an humans both legs is unequal , so when an person is tired he is actuelly trying to balance him self on both the legs . and also some times if he is standing in usual way he trys to lif the longer leg for some time as it has got srained compaitively moe

enjoy madi,
take care
RAJU
the organisms that survive r not the one which r strongest nor the one which r briliant THEY R THE ONE WHICH RESPOND TO CHANGES IN NATURE FIRST

Mjhavok
Coral
Coral

Post by Mjhavok » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:08 am

Yea I'd agree with that. I have noticed myself doing this many times waiting on the bus to get to University :-(.
Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature!

Dr. Riboul
Garter
Garter

Post by Dr. Riboul » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:13 pm

raju wrote:hi dude,
actually the length of an humans both legs is unequal , so when an person is tired he is actuelly trying to balance him self on both the legs . and also some times if he is standing in usual way he trys to lif the longer leg for some time as it has got srained compaitively moe

enjoy madi,
take care
RAJU

Why are human legs unequal?

[email protected]
Garter
Garter

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 am

I always thought that when we did that, we were just trying to rest the opposite leg. :( I don't go to a university, I'm just now in high school! Lol. Have you ever seen a horse rest on its legs?