How I transform my DNA fragment to Chromosomal DNA?

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

arm_chair
Garter
Garter

How I transform my DNA fragment to Chromosomal DNA?

Post by arm_chair » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 pm

I want to know T can transform my DNA fragment to Chromosomal DNA, or not? If i can--> How. Or tell me where i ca search the data(i want to see protacol) :D Thank you so much! God bless u.

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:34 pm

You'll need to do it by Homologous recombination or trangenesis.

Homologous recombination is a site directed method... where you createe homologous regions (to a specific sitee) that flank your gene of interest (that's not homologous).

Transgenesis... is just introducing a gene into the nucleus and allowing it to randomlyy integrate into a spot in the genomee. This is a risky way because of "positional effect" (if it inserts into "silent DNA" it will not be expressed... or conversely it could be overexpressed in a highly active region of DNA. It could aslo insert into another gene... thereby disrupting a gene... which could be lethal or or cause 'side-effects'

I think you should research: "Transgenesis" and "homologous recombination"

pick your poison!

Good Luck!
- KIM

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:38 pm

ALSO!!!

Research: "Stable transformation"

(If you need help with researching stuff, or deciphering literature please let me know... i'll try to clarify 'stuff' for you!!)