Few things on evo.

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

biology_06er
Coral
Coral

Few things on evo.

Post by biology_06er » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:26 am

Hi there..

K I have a couple of things to ask so bear with me :D ...when asked to talk discuss the pattern/tempo of evolution in humans and our closest relative it is things just like our genome is 99% the same as chimpanzees and that our ancestors were Homo erectus and that we originated outta Africa about 200,000 years ago..would i get this write had i wrote this?

2nd thing----when asked to discuss phylogenetic relationships among organisms and wat kind of characters are used in reconstructions and how do evolutionary biologists distinguis between alternate reconstructions--is this like homologous/analogous structures and shared/derived primitive characters

last one i am unsure about....it asks to discuss 2 forms of slection observed in long-term studiesof darwins ifnches and the enviromentak events associated with these changes. what are the likely evolutionary outcomes of these two forms of selection..is this like the beak sizes in wet/dry seasons and talk about say stabilising/directional/diverserfying selection if so what is the 2nd thing?

omg your help would be MOOOOOST appeciated!