Helpp

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

prayin4you2272
Garter
Garter

Helpp

Post by prayin4you2272 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:10 pm

i have a bio final and i have no idea what to study we did alot of stuff and i am soo confused now

rye
Garter
Garter

Post by rye » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:31 am

you can ask yourself what is your interested in one field in biology such as marine or biotech. and you must also capable and skilful in the field that you choose.

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:23 pm

Why are you asking the same question again? You already posted a topic.
And can you please read the forum rules? Try to name your topic according to the question you ask. How can we help if everybody names his/her topic as "help"?
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:20 pm

futhermore.. it is totally impossible for us to teach you EVERYTHING you neeed to know for you exam. If you were to ask about a particular topic that confuses you... then someone can help you.

However, I can't read your mind ... I don't know if your 12 or 19yrs old (I don't know what level you're at). I don't know if you're studying plant, animal or molecular biology.

Please post what problems you're having or what topic confuses you. So, at least you, I ( and everyone else) has a starting point.

buena suerte.
- kim

blankscreen
Garter
Garter

Post by blankscreen » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:38 am

Do you know what parts of the textbook the final covers? That is, what chapters the teacher is covering? Is it the whole book or just what you recently covered? These are things that you should be aware of.

Once you understand the scope of the test, start reviewing by looking at your notes. I am assuming that you did take some in class :D Try to look for terms that seemed especially important.

Look through the chapters, examine the diagrams, and read the boldfaced words. Review the end of chapter questions. Many books will have a recap section that gives the most important points of the chapter. Also, some textbooks have links to online resources that are related to the material covered in the chapter. Some of these sites will have practice tests that you can take and see how effective your studying has been.

It might also help if you studied with some of your classmates, but be careful and don't turn the study group into a chat session. Remember to stay focused.

I do hope that you are not waiting until the last minute to study but if you are then stop hanging around this forum and get to work! :wink:
(but feel free to ask for help when you need it, ok?)

Also, if you need live help ( I mean if you want to chat with a teacher online to ask questions) go to: http://www.pathwhelp.org
There are some very good teachers there who are willing to help you with any subject, not just biology. This service is absolutely free and is open Monday to Friday. The complete hours of operation are posted on the website, but don't be afraid to log on even before or after hours because sometimes you will still find a teacher in the rooms. Please note: DO NOT be rude or disrespectful to the teachers in anyway because they are doing this completely voluntarily and are not receiving anything for their services. They simply like to teach.

Good Luck!!! Hope you do well on your exam!

-- Blankscreen

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Re: Helpp

Post by Enzyme » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:03 pm

prayin4you2272 wrote:i have a bio final and i have no idea what to study we did alot of stuff and i am soo confused now

As LilKim said, we don't know in which level you are, if you are studying Animal Biology, Plant Biology, Molecular Biology or another, etc.

If you already need help, I can help you with Genetics, Biochemistry and Animal Physiology. Also take a look to your notes, try to answer the questions which are at the end of each chapter and all the advices that blankscreen told you.

GOOD LUCK! ;)