What do i need to do zoology?

Animals!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Canaduck_89
Garter
Garter

Post by Canaduck_89 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:09 am

Poison, i LOVE that poem. Invictus is like my alltime fave . Other than that....

I'm in grade ten, but i'm taking biology 11, and i love it soo much. I find it incredibly interesting. But i was wondering, is there a lot of career opertunities for a biologist, i don't know if any of you are from Canada, but that's where i live and i was hoping there would be something in Canada. But if not, then anywhere really.

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Sun May 08, 2005 3:56 pm

Our local canadian Canalon (as Kyle(biostudent84) calls :lol: ) may be able to hep you. I'm studying bio too but can not give info about Canada... If you 're looking for a general info I strongly advise you to have a search in the forum. :)

PS: I love Invictus too. That's why I'm using it as my signature... ;)
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Sat May 14, 2005 12:19 am

Well, depends. Go to a research college and there be choices plenty. There are a lot of jobs in Italy. Since Itlay is so liberal in stem cell. So learn a European language and u will be fine for a job. Or go into the city.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

Micaela
Garter
Garter

What do i need for zoology?

Post by Micaela » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:58 am

Hi
I'm in 4th year and i want to know what subjects i need for zoology?
I hate chemistry so do i need that?

123Herpatology
Death Adder
Death Adder

yes

Post by 123Herpatology » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:45 pm

Yah you need chemistry, but i was wondering why math is so important in zoology? I took an aptitude test earlier in the month of september and it veiwed mathmatics as being more important than general science courses... I thought this was sort of fishy but idk maybe you guys could help me out?
wisdom=the anti-venom for failure

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Although i wouldn't say it is more important than general science, math is still very important because there a lot of aplications of mathematical equations in biology
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

James
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by James » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:20 pm

There's a lot of statistical analysis in Zoology.

laughingangel
Garter
Garter

Post by laughingangel » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:20 pm

im from New Zealand and i am taking biology,chemistry,physics at the moment and wot id like to know is maths also a big thing ????

123Herpatology
Death Adder
Death Adder

yes

Post by 123Herpatology » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:15 am

Apparently yes, math was very important according to the standardized ASVAB test (a test conducted by the U.S. Department of Defense) they said that it is more important that general science courses!
wisdom=the anti-venom for failure

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Yes, math is required. Otherwise when you get to analising bacterial population you won't know what logaritm is :)
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

DJ
Garter
Garter

Re: What do i need for zoology?

Post by DJ » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:43 pm

Micaela wrote:Hi
I'm in 4th year and i want to know what subjects i need for zoology?
I hate chemistry so do i need that?

You'll need lots of chem. Both general and organic. You won't need biochem though unless you're a medical major.

laughingangel wrote:im from New Zealand and i am taking biology,chemistry,physics at the moment and wot id like to know is maths also a big thing ????

You'll need some type of college algebra and statistical analysis class if you want to be a zoology or biology major. If you are going to be taking physics in college also, then you will need calculus.