Is talent inherited?

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

wildfunguy
Coral
Coral

Re: Is talent inherited?

Post by wildfunguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 am

Cat wrote:As I said before, there is no such thing as "equal cerebral health". Not even in twins - identical genetics + different epigenetics.

Banderi wrote:...there is nothing innate within the intellectual capability of a person like talents, inclinations or inherited abilities. All that forms the dispositions and the personality of an individual comes solely from their growth.

Best example to the contrary of what you are saying is when among twins one is right-handed and another is left-handed. Or do you think it is due to upbringing? Or is it another exception under elusive "equal cerebral health"?

That's just one example. There could be higher concordance rate of handedness among identical twins than among fraternal twins. Twin studies on even the most culturally unique variables usually estiamte that about 30% of our variability is due to genetic variability.

wildfunguy
Coral
Coral

Re:

Post by wildfunguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 am

Banderi wrote:P.S. I'm not lurking 24/7. I was just happening to check for answers at the right moment.

Oh... I thought you were stalking me. :(

Banderi
Garter
Garter

Post by Banderi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 pm

I still don't get the twins example, but I think he mistype'd.

wildfunguy wrote:
Banderi wrote:P.S. I'm not lurking 24/7. I was just happening to check for answers at the right moment.

Oh... I thought you were stalking me. :(

Oh..... Looks like you got me..........
I'm afraid I'm going to have to finish this once and for all, Mr. Wildfunguy....

RZachary1
Garter
Garter

Post by RZachary1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 am

i don't think so, it can be inherited it is purely god gifted. If talent inherit through genetics then every talented person has so many talented child.

Banderi
Garter
Garter

Post by Banderi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 am

That's why it's not inherited nor innate. You can only get it through hard work.

Banderi
Garter
Garter

Post by Banderi » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 am

That's because they learn from the surrounding ambient and pick up similar tastes.

Fornita
Garter
Garter

Post by Fornita » Wed May 18, 2016 2:43 am

In my opinion, inherit part and environment are all needed for talents. Inherit part contribute the physical fundamental for talents. And environment determine whether the "talents" could become real talents.
Andrea Fortina
Genius only means hard-working all one's life.
CreativeBiomart, Recombinant protein expert

RyanShelling
Garter
Garter

Post by RyanShelling » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:04 am

Remember the brain can learn anything to near perfect performance after enough practice, though some people are born with a varying degree of talent which develop at a faster rate than a non-talented person, however if the non-talented person practices much harder, they can become better than the talented person. So it's more of how hard you work.

SarahJames
Garter
Garter

Post by SarahJames » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:17 am

Everyone has a brain that can become finely tuned to whatever it's trained on and that can give the appearance of talent. Is an acting families daughter really born with talent or the product of her environment, from years of training acting as a child?

There's variances and multiple answers to your question, but it is a mystery that I like to think about it!