physiology

For discussing the functions of different structures of all organisms.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

atypical10
Garter
Garter

physiology

Post by atypical10 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:46 am

Well we crave foods when not hungry; maybe because we are depressed, bored. Also maybe the person (female) who craves food is pregnant; craving food is a symptom of being pregnant. Along with that maybe the person ate something that had ingredients that make you want more food (junk food) and your brain doesn't know when to stop eating.

jaindoshaikh
Garter
Garter

Post by jaindoshaikh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:33 pm

IN THE BRAIN HUNGER CENTER IS PRESENT WHICH REGULATE THE EATING PROCESS , IF THIS CENTER IS ALTERED BY ANY INJURY THAN IT MAY NOT HAVE CONTROLL ON CRAVING FOODS.
teaching physiology, genetics,molecular biology,cell physiology.

biomass62583
Garter
Garter

Post by biomass62583 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Alot of "junk foods" are theorized to contain sysnthsized chemicals that induce a kind of self limiting addiction, due to there introduction into our bodies. Remeber even a 100 years ago we didnt have half the chemicals we have now, and then we definitaly didn't ingest them. Something chemical has to be occuring within our bodies with the indroduction of foriegn synthesized products. Just a theory tho, I still stay away from things like aspertame due the severe headaches it would give me and the cravings I would get for diet soda even when I wasnt thirsty