Key factors needed in aerobic respiration

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kirsty_bates_555
Garter
Garter

Key factors needed in aerobic respiration

Post by kirsty_bates_555 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi,

I am doing an investigation on the key factors needed in aerobic respiration and why they affect the speed or rate of the reaction. Could anybody please give me an example, thank you. :D

kirsty_bates_555
Garter
Garter

Post by kirsty_bates_555 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:31 pm

i also have to test this theory out so is there an experiment that i can do to proove that any key factor is needed in the reaction, thankyou.

Could you please email me on [email protected] answers

vodka
Garter
Garter

Post by vodka » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:30 am

although i am not sure abt the question. it probably involves things like O2 solubility, mass transfer efect and their eventual effect on the aerobic fermentation.

mkwaje
Coral
Coral

Re: Key factors needed in aerobic respiration

Post by mkwaje » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:54 am

kirsty_bates_555 wrote:Hi,

I am doing an investigation on the key factors needed in aerobic respiration and why they affect the speed or rate of the reaction. Could anybody please give me an example, thank you. :D

There are a lot of factors that affect aerobic respiration.... could be the nutrient and carbohydrate content, pH, oxygen/aeration, temp, agitation, type of organism, etc...

Your next phrase there is a bit vague though, "affect the speed or rate of reaction"? Is this still the aerobic respiration or is this some microbial by-product?