bio coursework!

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Bekki-the-biology-dunce
Garter
Garter

bio coursework!

Post by Bekki-the-biology-dunce » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Help me people, unfortunately im not the brightest pennyin the purse and i have difficulty understanding certain things when it comes to biology and when my teacher told me i had to do 2 courseworks, i was like :?: One of them was about 'How temperature effects permeability' this one i am finding ok but the other one has to be about a topic i wanna talk about but it must be linked to two topics in my textbook (SNAB Biology) I have many things i wanna talk about, but i just cant get started, does anyone have any tips or interesting topics i could talk about in this second coursework? Bekki
I need help, why oh why did i take biology! :(

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:40 pm

The second topic has to be related to the first topic (How temperature affects permeability)? I don't understand what you want to say... :oops:

Eolian1701
Garter
Garter

Post by Eolian1701 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:41 pm

think of it this way... as temperature increase, so does the kinetic energy, making the molecules move faster. If the molecules are moving faster, then the permiablity should also increase. Think of it like putting sugar in tea. The hotter the tea, the faster the sugar diffuses into the solution.
Sugar in cold or iced tea does not dissolve as fast, so you have to add energy (stirring) to the system to get the energy needed for the sugar to difuse.

Hope this helps.

scottyiu
Coral
Coral

Post by scottyiu » Sat May 13, 2006 8:08 am

I don't think so... Isn't the cell wall fully permable?
This forum is so cool