Is it possible to determ what you're going to dream about?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

pdavis68
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by pdavis68 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Bio_Girl015 wrote:Has anyone had a double dream? It's scary. In my dream i'm falling and then I suddenly wake up sweating on my bed but then I start falling again. And when I really wake up I pinch myself just to make sure i'm still not dreaming...

Bio-Girl, they say dreams of falling are usually reflect a feeling of fear or of being out of control. Maybe you feel that way, maybe you don't.

I don't put too much stock in dreams having "hidden" meanings. They generally either have very applicapble meanings, or they're just kind of random. Other people differ on their beliefs and that's fine. I simply find that if my dreams have any meaning, it's usually pretty obvious. Sometimes I have to dig down and be brutally honest with myself to see it, which can be hard to do.

I've frequently had dreams where I'm falling, particularly when I was younger, and they may very well have reflected the anxieties and insecurities I had at the time.

But again, I'd be careful not to read too much into it.

I normally have trouble remembering dreams, so when I DO remember them, good or bad, I'm usually pretty happy simply to have remembered them. I've had horribly violent dreams that others might term "nightmares", but to me, they're simply adventures and I take pleasure in remembering them.

Bio_Girl015
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Bio_Girl015 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:19 pm

Uhm...I never really thought about it that way. Maybe you're right though. I have noticed that whenever I am really stressed out I have nightmares like these. But I don't really read too much into it....Thanks for your thoughts pdavis68. :wink: Peace.
Guitarist, Swimmer, and College Student
Bio_Girl015

pdavis68
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by pdavis68 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:37 pm

If it's happening when you're stressed out, then I suspect it's simply an extension of the anxiety, which would be a pretty straight-forward explanation, the kind I like.

You might try yoga or meditation to relax you before you go to sleep. That said, I'm not really sure how easy it would be to clear the anxiety from your subconscious, which is where the dream issues will come up, but it's certainly worth a shot if the nightmares bother you.

Pete

Bio_Girl015
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Bio_Girl015 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:29 pm

Yeah, I think your right. I'll try doing some meditation before I sleep and see if it works.Thanks Pete for your help.:P

Katrina
Guitarist, Swimmer, and College Student
Bio_Girl015

hornet
Garter
Garter

Post by hornet » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:55 pm

Dreaming and meditation is related as they are both trances.

To determine your dreams is impossible. Just as predicting anything else in the future.

However I once became conciously "aware" while dreaming.

Like "Ohh this is just a dream".
I could change things at will etc. (Like a God) 8)
It all ended when my alarmbell rang. :cry:

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:04 am

What I have about dream is that my dream ever had become a serie (until 3 nights).. :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.