Maybe, ya'll can help ?-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Sothrnroze
Garter
Garter

Maybe, ya'll can help ?-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Post by Sothrnroze » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Hello all....

I have to write a final, on Biology. Anything and everything about biology. As we all know there's quite a bit to it. I was wanting to narrow it down to doing my paper on Melanoma Skin Cancer, since my sister is dying from it, not too many people know the facts, and it is in the "biology" group so to speak.
I also wanted to talk more about cells in biology, and what happens to the cells when you have Melanoma skin cancer, how it travels, what happens when it does spread, what do cells and cancer have in common, and why it happens, what causes this and that to happen questions.
Here's the problem: I don't know enough about cells in depth, to even come close to thinking about writing this paper on cancer. So, If anyone can help me understand cells and them having to do with cancer would be great.
All information is helpful !
even if you have a website or something to refer me to, would be great too !
Thanks bunches, looking forward to learning...this is a first...lol :)

th1_rhs13
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by th1_rhs13 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:25 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I wrote a research paper on the subject, prior to taking any of my Biology courses--the paper was written for a 7 minute presentation in a communication class. I could give you that as refrence or I can give you keywords you could research on the web and take it from there.

Concisely: cancer is formed from ill mannered gene expression, melonoma pertains to the skin and is often contracted due to over-exposure of the sun. Which leads to rapid defected cell growth. Which leads to abormalities on the skin which depending on how the ECM can respond to them can be either benign or as you have described malignent. If you just need a broad understanding you could research the topic in your text and online sources such as WebMD and certain other sites google would yield. Again, my options are available, I'll have to respond to them later as I have to go to class today.

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:06 am

do you know the basics?
membranes, organelles, functions of the organelles, dna, etc?

Sothrnroze
Garter
Garter

Post by Sothrnroze » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:04 pm

Thanks to the both of you for responding....I know somewhat about the organelles, and dna, all that stuff. But Science is one of my worst subjects, I have a hard time understanding it. I could read something 50 times, and still not understand what they're showing or telling me. It's just difficult for me, guess science wasn't one of the best subjects...lol... I am using my Biology work right now as a reference, of course it tells about all the ogranelles, dna, cells, etc...I planned on including most if not all of that information, but i dont understand it to where I feel comfortable writing about it. I would rather just write on cancer, melanoma cancer. I appreciate ya'll responding. Thanks for the information, and please send more lol

Sothrnroze
Garter
Garter

Post by Sothrnroze » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:12 pm

Any information you have, and would like to share with me, please e-mail it to me at [email protected]
If you can even explain a few things to help me to understand this it would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks a bunch!

th1_rhs13
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by th1_rhs13 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:09 am

WEll Im away from my computer at the moment, so this wll have to do: search.php?mode=results