Antimicrobial susceptibility test

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Rin
Garter
Garter

Antimicrobial susceptibility test

Post by Rin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:08 am

I would like to know how I can find the protocol of methods for antimicrobial susceptibility testing of anaerobic bacterial by NCCLS method :)

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:57 am

The NCCLS website is your friend, although they changed name (and I can't remember the new one) and you will find all the diferent methodologies. But it's not free.
Otherwise you can search the litterature for papers that worked on the same organism and give more detail that "was assayed following NCCLS standard" that exist too ;-)

As an alternative you go http://www.sfm.asso.fr where you will find for free the guidelines by the french society of microbiology (societe française de Microbiologie) which are free, and as a matter of fact very similar to the NCCLS standard.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

ceydakansu
Garter
Garter

hi

Post by ceydakansu » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 am

I had the same problem in my MSc thesis, and found the guidelines at the faculty of medicine. try this, and if you cant get help, I'll try to find my old copy.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Be careful taough since guidelines are updated regularly, and breakpoints can be changed between different versions.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)