chromosomes

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

chenglorraine
Death Adder
Death Adder

chromosomes

Post by chenglorraine » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:44 pm

Hay......I hope the following suggestion will make sense to you guyz...... I have been thinking lately about chromsomes and was wondering whether you can change someone's eye colour (or skin colour) by changing the genetic information of chromosomes (since we now know which pair of chromosomes is responsible for which part of our body)
I hope this doesn't sound silly.....just a thought for the day.......

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:15 pm

You would have to isolate the exact gene that controls that particular trait, not just the chromosome. The easiest time to alter it would be when it's still a zygote, since then you only have to alter a single gene in a single cell. Any later would require altering the same gene in mulitple cells.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

chenglorraine
Death Adder
Death Adder

good point

Post by chenglorraine » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:03 pm

Good point.......so is that actually happening at the moment in genetic engineering:?:

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:48 pm

I don't think so. I think most people are still kind of wary of tampering with an embryo's genes. I know I am.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count