attention for toxicologists

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

vvramreddy
Garter
Garter

attention for toxicologists

Post by vvramreddy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:31 am

Dear friends,
I did my masters in biotechnology and i thought to do my PhD in the same area but switched to toxicology.Now iam working with metal toxicity studies but iam confusing about career as a toxicologist.I would like to move to Pharmaceuticals as toxicologist I will be the career and job opportunities? kindly reply me.

thanks in advance.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 am

Have you read the sticky about job outlook in the top 5 thread about this forum? You should....
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

damien james
Coral
Coral

Post by damien james » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:32 am

I have thought about toxicology but I do not want to now. You should intern while you are still in school to see if you like or not. I did that a place bioengineering resource for engineering bacteria. That is when I changed from math major to microbiology. If you can't find a job now, just do free intern. It is better than nothing and you get idea if you like or not.
The hand of God may well be all around us, but it is not, nor can it be, the task of science to dust for fingerprints.

vvramreddy
Garter
Garter

Reg. toxicology

Post by vvramreddy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:34 pm

Thanks dear James.Right now iam doing my Phd in toxicology i have plenty of time to do internships.If you have idea about internships kindly inform me.
I have seen few job postings in pharmaceuticals and i would like to do after finishing PhD. I would like to know what type of internships will be helpful to me.
thanks in advance