What causes ADD and ADHD?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:12 am

So yeah... Im just sitting here and then I started wondering where the hell does ADD and ADHD come from? What causes it, and is there any other form of stopping it other than (bad spelling)Ridelyne?

-Danny

ERS
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by ERS » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:24 am

Ritalin does not stop ADD and ADHD it eases symptoms.

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:06 pm

wat exactly is ADD and ADHD?
d nyt is darkest just before the dawn

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:34 pm

ADD is attention deficate disorder which makes you very easily distracted... and ADHD is attention deficate hyperactive disorder... Which makes you really hyper and not pay attention... both of which I have...

-Danny

atypical10
Garter
Garter

Post by atypical10 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:51 pm

ADD and ADHD could be caused by low levels of neurotransmitters in the brain. Ritalin and other medications don't cure ADHD. Medications for ADHD have many side-effects like sudden death. :cry:

bionewbie
Coral
Coral

Post by bionewbie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:11 am

ADD is attention deficit disorder. ADHD is attention deficit hyperactive disorder. The exact cause of them are unknown but it can be a number of genetic or environmental factors. There are some risk factors such as medications, toxins ... and as mentioned before, there may be a neurochemical involvement as well. Some even suggested the idea of food choices having an effect on the symptoms of ADHD.
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. ~ E. B. White

The Magic Boner
Garter
Garter

Post by The Magic Boner » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:01 pm

apparntly i has it but thats not true lolz no but srsly i dont think i duz do u u guys no me better then anybody so tell me duz it seem like i duz or not :roll: :oops: 8)
im the cool cuantum guy yo dogs woof woof holla back bro

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Well, your grammar is not very good, i can say that for sure. But that's OK cause me and other users make grammar and spelling mistakes all the time. But only one thing to ask: Write propper words, this ain't IRC or YM or a similar.
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter