"Backward evolution" spawns ape-like people

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

worldsci
Garter
Garter

"Backward evolution" spawns ape-like people

Post by worldsci » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:55 pm

An editor of a noted scientific journal says he has discovered a genetic defect that seems to set back the clock on human evolution by more than a million years.
http://www.world-science.net/exclusives ... tanfrm.htm

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:57 pm

I've seen it on TV several months ago. (I live in Turkey.) But I don't know if it is really backward evolution or just a disease.
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

GAG CAT UUG
Garter
Garter

Post by GAG CAT UUG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:55 am

That is the stupidest thing I ever saw. These people are retarded! People who are afflicted with polio walk like that too...does that mean they are evidence of 'backward evolution'? The article says that “This syndrome interestingly exhibits prehuman features” ...yeah in the States, we call this trisomy 21! They too have their own language and walk primitive-like.

Watch the video...it reminds me of my 2 year old son who walks that way when his diaper is full :lol: I think she just needs a changing!

I also think we should eliminate this family so that this so-called 'backward evolution' trait does not spread through the population.

Come on - you guys don't believe this...right?

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:23 am

I'm certainly no fan of spreading bad genes through the population, but can we really justify killing people over something that's not their fault? If we take that idea far enough, I'd be killing my fiance for having been born with asthma and bad eyesight.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

GAG CAT UUG
Garter
Garter

Post by GAG CAT UUG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:37 am

no, but you might want to think twice about breeding...kidding...you get my point

GAG CAT UUG
Garter
Garter

Post by GAG CAT UUG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:58 am

ok - but what do you think about this article?

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:39 am

I think the conclusions are all wrong. First of all, "backwards" evolution simply doesn't exist. Evolution doesn't move in any one direction; it develops according to the environment and selective pressure, without trying to produce any one goal other than survival. Even if humans were to "re-evolve" back to a quadraped, it is highly doubtful if we'd resemble our quadrapedal ancestors. Whales, for example, evolved from fish that moved onto land, then went back into the water to become whales. Upon returning to the water, they did not "backwards evolve" into fish; instead, they became something totally new. Were the same to happen in humans, the same would be true.

As for the article, I agree that those people are just simply retarted. Nothing more, nothing less. I also don't think you'd have to worry about them breeding; they may not be able to understand what sex is in the first place! As for me and my fiance not breeding, yes I get your point, but try telling her that!
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

GAG CAT UUG
Garter
Garter

Post by GAG CAT UUG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:55 pm

Well put! I also agree with 'backward evolution' as being inaccurate. Evolution does not work in any direction.

GAG CAT UUG
Garter
Garter

Post by GAG CAT UUG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:58 pm

I would love to see a video of the whole family walking upright :)

Squawkbox
Coral
Coral

Post by Squawkbox » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:01 pm

its stupid...anyone could walk like that if they felt like it
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 am

smells like a hoax to me.

More importantly, it smells like a swindle. Some researcher got a decent amount of grant money to study developmental disorders and call them "backward evolution".

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:46 am

That gives me a good idea. I'm going to start taking notes about the people I meet during the day, publish it, and call it a study of stupidity. :lol: And there's this retarted cashier at the local McDonald's who would make a perfect "Subject A." :twisted:

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count