If your bilingual, What language do you Dream in?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

surya
Coral
Coral

Post by surya » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:00 pm

My mother tongue is malayalam.I also know English(obviously),i took French as my 2nd language though i'm not fluent .i also know Hindi & Arabic(had to study).BUT i see my dreams in english,malayalam or hindi. its also a fact that i rarely remember what my dream :?: was when i wake up?now,why is that so?

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:46 pm

Because your dreams are stored in your subconcious. It has been suggested that the busier you are and the more you have to think about during the day, the less you will remember from your dreams. In spite of this, every morning i remember dreaming about my girlfriend. But i dream about her during the day to, so i am not a good example... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

surya
Coral
Coral

Post by surya » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:29 am

i'm usually late to get up.so, almost everyday i wake up only when my mom starts banging at the door.i scream to let her know that i'm awake n then think about what i was dreaming before i was interrupted.but i usually dont remember a thing.

P.S:its thanks to my mom that i dont miss school daily.

kiekyon
Coral
Coral

Post by kiekyon » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:05 am

don't know about dreams
but i have heard of a study on how language affects the way u think
two groups of people consisting of english speaker and non english speaker are asked to distinguish between the color green and blue with their right eyes
since the right eye view is controlled by the left hemisphere of brain, which also handle our language function
it is found that english speaker can differentiate the color faster
in most of other non english language, there is 1 word for green and blue
therefore perhaps, whether we tend to use left or right hemisphere of our brain may influence our dream,... maybe