Shark Diving

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra

Shark Diving

Post by February Beetle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:02 pm

I just watched a new article on FOX about shark diving and how it may be hurting sharks. It is not good to 'feed' sharks because it can alter their behavior, maybe go towards boats thinking they will get fed. Some people say that they arn't really feeding them, just making them angry by making them think there are food so it isn't a big deal. The news article says research is still being obtained. One tour guide said he would stop if he found out it was hurting the sharks or anything like that. I was convinced that I was going to go shark diving before I turned 30, now I don't know even if the research comes back that it isn't messing with the sharks very much. I'm torn! What do you guys think? I've also heard that the shark boats might lure the sharks more inland and that it has been a reason for increase shark attacks in Africa.

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson